2018 Vacation Bible School
Preschool Tide Pool: Ages 3-5 who have not yet attended kindergarten
Crew #1: grades K-4 for 2017-18 school year
Crew #2: grades 5 for 2017-18 school year (These children participate in VBS, and will be helpers in small groups.)
Cost for VBS:
$90 max per family
1 child half price for volunteers
Scholarship funds available. Contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-424-8770 ext 112.
Online Registration and Volunteer Form
Participant Registration Deadline: May 18!
Volunteer Registration Deadline: May 11!
Volunteers are needed to help our castaways on the island! Join us as we learn about how Jesus rescues each one of us! We need many volunteers- all ages and expertise! Youth who have not yet completed 7th grade are encouraged to volunteer with preschool small groups or stations. Nursery care will be available for the children of volunteers who are under the age of 3. Click the "Register Now" button above to volunteer!
- Small Groups: Pre-K or Elementary- Leaders and helpers work with, play with and pray with a small group of children as they move from station to station each day.
- Pre-K Stations- Leaders and helpers run modified versions of the stations geared for 3-5 year olds as each Pre-K group visits.
- Bible Discovery- Bible Discovery leaders and helpers tell/act out a story from the Bible each day in a creative way with each small group as they visit. Costumes, acting, special effects!
- Ship Rec Games- Leaders and helpers teach and lead active games each day that help teach the Bible Point or story of the day. Relays, Tag, and other fun games!
- Imagination Station- Leaders and helpers do experiments and crafts with small groups as they rotate through the station. Lost-and-Found Flyers, Hopper Stoppers, Ready Rescuers, and more!
- KidVid Cinema- Leaders and helpers show a short video clip about real kids experiencing life’s challenges, then talk about how Jesus rescues us. Engaging conversations and meeting the Bible Buddy each day!
- Tropical Treats- Prepare and serve snacks that follow our daily theme to small groups. Fun and yummy!
- Opening/Closing/Music and Skits- Use prepared music and materials to lead our large group opening and closing sessions. Teach songs and actions, tell stories, explain the Bible Points and set the stage!
- Building/painting/décor- Help in advance to turn St. Francis Hall into a Desert Island!
We will train you! Training meetings will be May 30 or 31 in the evening; you need to attend only one meeting.
VIRTUS Certification! All adults and teens (13 and older) who volunteer with VBS (except for volunteers who only do decor) need to be VIRTUS certified before VBS begins. All adult volunteers need to complete a "live" Protecting God's Children VIRTUS Training. Please visit our VIRTUS webpage to get started (new volunteers) or to update your certification (returning volunteers). Contact Colette O'Brien at email@example.com or 763-424-8770 with questions about VIRTUS certification.